I’ve made a video for you that helps you answer the question, “Why did you leave your last employer?” I’ve seen some videos on YouTube that are designed to answer this question that really left a bad taste in my mouth, so I wanted to share with you the very best way to answer this question. (Here are some other advice videos I've made for you as well...)
And if you have an interview coming up and would like to receive unlimited interview coaching for this hiring process, talk with us in the next few days to set this up.
In this video, I also answer:
- What are employers judging about you when you’re in an interview?
- How can you remain positive if the real reason you left your employer was because you were in a bad environment?
- When asked, what was the #1 factor hiring managers said was responsible for a successful hire?
- What are the two factors that are even more important than being the most competent for the job?
- What’s the three-step formula for answering why you left your last employer, or why you are leaving your current role?
When you get a chance, take a look at this video, even if you’re not in an interview process, because January is the biggest hiring month of the year, so you should start getting prepared, if you’re not already.
Even if you’re in a passive hiring process, someone may be calling you in January or February – the two top hiring months – so talk with us if you have questions about how to effective navigate the waters of an executive search. (Hint: we’ve got THE most successful plan.)
I would love hearing about any success you have this month!